The holiday season is here! Here are some tips from USA.gov for holiday shopping:
Before going shopping
- Set a budget that includes how much you’ll spend on gifts, decorations, and dinner menu ingredients.
- Make a list of the things you really need and prioritize them, so you won’t need to do all your shopping in one day.
- Research and choose stores and websites that carry the items you need.
- Plan to use coupons and discounts to save money. Watch for deals at stores and on websites.
Shopping in stores
- Consider all sales announcements at your stores to determine the best shopping time that will let you save money by getting special deals.
- When you’re out shopping and you have purchases in your car, be sure to keep your purchases out of sight so they’re not stolen.
- Save all your receipts for exchanges or returns.
- Use different web sites to compare prices on items you need.
- Check the user comments on the purchases you’re making. You can read about the quality of the product, and whether the company has reliable shipping.
- Be aware of the return policy and the shipping times.
- Only buy items on trusted sites that will protect your personal information.
- Save confirmation numbers and receipts in case you have issues with your order or you never receive your items.