Did you miss the last Health Insurance Marketplace open enrollment period? Need to make changes to your current health insurance plan? Open enrollment for 2015 coverage begins soon. Here are some dates, resources, and information you might find useful:
First of all, what is open enrollment? Open enrollment is the time when you can find a new Marketplace plan, keep your current plan, or see if you can get help paying for coverage. If you want to make sure you’re covered in 2015, mark these 4 dates on your calendar:
- November 15, 2014. This is your first day to apply for, keep, or change your coverage.
- December 15, 2014. Enroll by the 15th if you want new coverage that begins on January 1, 2015. If your plan is changing or you want to change plans, enroll by December 15th to avoid a lapse in coverage.
- December 31, 2014. The day all 2014 Marketplace coverage ends, no matter when you enrolled. Coverage for 2015 plans can start as soon as January 1st.
- February 15, 2015. The last day you can enroll in 2015 coverage before the end of Open Enrollment.
Need more help? Take a look at these resources:
- HealthCare.gov- This is a health insurance exchange website operated as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. States that don’t offer their own health insurance marketplace make use of this website. Although the State of California does offer their own marketplace this website offers general information, definition, resources, etc. that you may find helpful.
- CoveredCA.com- The health insurance marketplace for the State of California. California residents use this website to enroll in health insurance plans, as well as access California specific information and resources.
Still need more help? The Arcadia Public Library, in conjunction with Asian Americans Advancing Justice of Los Angeles, is offering one-on-one consultations with experts in Obamacare, Medi-Cal, and Covered California. Join us every Wednesday, 5-8pm for your information and enrollment needs. Please contact Teresa Ying for an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org OR 213.241.0262.