With the holiday season comes the toy buying season. If you plan to buy toys for young children this holiday season, review these toy safety tips:
- Keep in mind the child’s age, interests and skill level.
- Look for quality design and construction in all toys for all ages.
- Make sure that all directions or instructions are clear—to you and, when appropriate, to the child.
- Plastic wrappings on toys should be discarded at once before they become deadly playthings.
- Be a label reader. Look for and heed age recommendations, such as “Not recommended for children under three.”
- Look for other safety labels including: “Flame retardant/Flame resistant” on fabric products and “Washable/hygienic materials” on stuffed toys and dolls.
Click here for access to more information.