What is it? What does it mean to me?
· Health plans can no longer limit or deny benefits due to a pre-existing condition.
· If you are under 26, you may be eligible to be covered under your parents health plan.
· Insurers can no longer arbitrarily cancel your coverage.
· Guarantees your right to appeal if your plan denies payment.
· Ends lifetime limits on coverage.
· Insurance companies must now publicly justify any unreasonable rate hikes.
· Your premium dollars must be spent primarily on health care — not administrative costs.
· Covers preventive care at no cost to you.
· Choose the primary care doctor you want from your network.
· You can seek emergency care at a hospital outside of your health plan’s network.
Do I qualify? Where do I find more information?
A new, easy-to-use marketplace where California residents may get financial assistance to make coverage more affordable and where you will be able to compare and choose health coverage that best fits your needs and budget.
Learn what the Marketplace is, who can apply for insurance, how to get insurance, how to lower your costs, and so much more. If you own a small business, there’s information for you, too. Sign-up for email news and updates. Note: If you are a California resident you must purchase your health plan through CoveredCA.com.
Access information about the Insurance Marketplace, the Affordable Care Act, prevention and wellness information, along with interesting and important facts and figures.
Arcadia Public Library
If you need help understanding or accessing this information stop by and ask a librarian at the Arcadia Public Library. We are here to help!