Developmental disabilities are a group of conditions due to an impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavior areas. About one in six children in the U.S. have one or more developmental disabilities or other developmental delays.
If you think your child isn't meeting milestones, share your concerns with a doctor.
Visit this website for more information on the following topics:
- Milestones, screening, causes and risk factors, and living with a disability.
- Research and Tracking
- What we’ve learned and CDC’s work.
- Resource Center
- Print or order free materials.
- Specific Conditions
- Information about specific types of developmental disabilities.
- Scientific articles.
- Multimedia and Tools
- Videos, podcasts, and widgets.
- Links to Other Websites
- Links to information from other organizations.