- It's simple! The new catalog offers simplified searching. Misspelled or mistyped words won't end your search!
- You can suggest new titles for the Library to purchase right from the Catalog.
- You can add items to a personal, private list. You could use this list to keep track of books you've read or want to read. Only you can see this list when you log in.
- You can place your own comments or reviews for items in the Catalog.
- You can add tags (personally meaningful terms) to items in the Catalog.
- You can set up an RSS feed and be notified when new items are available by authors or subjects you select.
- You can place requests on different items at one time without having to retype your Library card number! (there is still a reserve charge for each item)
- You can receive notices by e-mail and decide for yourself when you want to receive them!
- Book reviews are available right from the Catalog.
- You can browse the shelf virtually by looking for other books in the same area.
- It features book lists including new books for adult, teen and children, DVDs and best sellers.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Cool New Features of the New Library Catalog
What's New and Cool about the new Library Catalog?